I am Seleck Rigby



Hey Team! It's Elder Rigby! It seems you're all balling it up in your own sort of way!

Emma I already wrote to you but I really hope the summer games basketball goes really well for you!
Madsen and Maleck! You're both pitching pretty well so I hear! Way to go guys! Know there's a funny lookin' guy with a white shirt and name tag cheering you on here in Hood River!

Stockton my good friend, 5 part time jobs! That's crazy! You're incredible! Honestly I'm so proud of you. Mom sent me a few words on how your ankle is really taking it's tole on you. That sounds hard man. I want you to know this is preparing you for life. I'm not going to sugar coat it but this mission is kicking me in the face. life hurts man! you got this though you're Stockton Rigby you've done hard things before you can do this. 
Mom I'm so glad our family has you and that Stockton has you just like I had you before. We are so lucky to have you. You're amazing

Dad you have been working so hard. That's awesome. That's my dad. Please don't burn yourself out though.


You'll see and hear about all the awesome things that are going on here in my videos and letter to my mission president. However you should know that this week has been awesome! Things are going so well here we have daily miracles all the time! I'm learning so many great things! God is good! I really felt like I turned a corner after I sat down and just talked to Elder Najarian about my struggles.!

My most touching experience this week was when I was asked to translate our Spanish group testimony meeting for the stake president and then stand next to the stake president and translate his words to spanish as he bore his testimony to the spanish group. I felt so honored and spacial to share his words of how the fullness of the gospel is again on the earth that Jesus is the Christ and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that is true for myself and it was so speacial for me because even though the room was full of empty chairs with only a few taken I felt as if all my family was there. I know that you all weren't there but I know that Grandma Rigby was there that Eldro was there that Grandpa Weaver was there. All of them. I am never alone. 

Dear President! 
It was so nice to talk to you on Tuesday. Thank you for making me feel loved and giving me some helpful advice!
To be truly honest I haven't felt like myself for quite sometime maybe because I haven't heard my first name I don't know. I just haven't. It's been hard. I didn't try to keep anything in during our interview but every morning I've been waking up being afraid to fail starting with my workout, studies, daily activities and so on. I've been keeping it up inside for who knows why until I just broke down Saturday and told Elder Najarian that I'm afraid to fail in all these ways beginning with exercising in the morning. He helped me begin to understand that who I am does not depend on what I do. I do what I do because who I am. It doesn't matter if I mess up, I stop and walk during exercise, or eat a cookie, or don't do too well in a lesson I am still Seleck Rigby and I am incredible. This new perspective has already helped me in 2 days feel more peace. I'm starting to feel more like myself.

The area is doing super well! These are the big updates

Rosi's family
Rosi-34, single mom on date for June 24
Diego-10 on date for June 24
allyson-7
nicole-4
We took them on a church tour this Thursday and it was fantastic! She has such a strong desire to help her family find peace and to start over again. We gave them a tour and right before she left the chapel she said an a prayer where she told God she is going to do her best to prepare for her baptism on June 24. After she prayed she said, " I feel something warm." We explained to her that this is the Holy Ghost. I feel so good about her. She just needs to get work off, cleaning hotels, for sunday. She is trying to get it off. Also she explained to us that whenever her little boy is sad or he has one of his big headaches (most likely comes from the stress and sadness of his parents being divorced and him losing his close friend a few months ago) he folds his arm and saids a prayer like we've taught him to.

Olivia
We helped Olivia-39 move out of her home in Hood River a month ago, shared a Mormon message with her, and then got her number so we could stay in touch until she moved back. Cool story is she moved back and wanted to meet with us right away! we gave her a church tour on Friday. She asked so many great questions (why so many churches? where do we go after we die? etc...) we got a little thrown off but great news is she has great potential for this week! Her husband is being unloyal to her and her kids don't believe in God. These struggles have been with her for a few months now and she has decided she wants to put God first. She has great faith things will work out. 

Romona and her boys Connor-12 zephyr-10 and phineas -4
Romona is the miracle we had last sunday we had a lesson with her and a great husband and wife, the Sohlrs, in our ward came along on the lesson. We shared the message of the restoration and it was great but we should've focused souly on Jesus Christ. Romona is feeling the spirit and she really wants her boy connor to start believing in God but she is a very busy single mom and she obviously still has her agency we've tried to get back with her but haven't

This week we also had many service projects ranging from cleaning out a chicken coop and goat pen to moving out and in some of the members of our ward! very fun but lost one of my name tags.

We all have our obstacles and I have mine but I know God knows me because I'm learning so much at an incredible pace, I have a great companion who listens to me and is able to help me understand that who I am doesn't change by what I do. I will always be a child of God. I also know this beautiful area testifies that God is mindful of me.

Elder Najarian is going to help me  by letting me take more part in our daily discussions. This will help me remember that I am Seleck Rigby and I am awesome! It's sometimes hard to feel that way when I feel like the sidekick. He listens and while I was letting it all out tears and all he listened and since his mom has a career in neursoscience, counseling, and is going to oxford to do research to help people with struggles that I face she has passed a lot of what she knows off to him and he is using that knowledge to help me! 
Things are going great! I will prepare myself and I know Elder Anderson's words will help me!

Have a great week!
Love, Elder Rigby





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday