Illumina el Mundo en Toppenish

Buenas Tardes Familia, amigos




Grandma Rigby
Thank you so much for your card, the pine nuts and everything else. It was so good to hear your voice behind those words! I want to let you know I love you so much and that I know your prayers help me! I feel the strength that comes! I hope you have a fantastic week! You keep being who you are Grandma you light my world!

Mom
before I forget I have not recieved any packages yet, but I was so grateful for the liahona! You're awesome! That made me smile so big when I heard about the tree outside and that you're doing light the world! Mom, everday I meet people that are pretty similar to me and I've come to know what has really made the difference between me and them is that I was given a chance to begin to know Jesus Christ because of the opportunities that you gave me. I love you mom. You are doing so well. You're such a light. Everything you're doing just makes me say, wow! Remember to rely on Christ for Strength!-I  imagine you're already doing that just wanted to remind you:)

Madsen
That was such a joy for me to receive your letter Madsen I love you a ton man. I'm proud of you for the battles you are fighting and how you just keep fighting. I hear you're dressing for Varisty! That's incredible! I want you to know what really is important is what you're doing to turn to God. I love you man and I really appreciate the support you give me! Keep giving Satan the fight!

Stockton
Hey I heard you took first team all region! That's increble! All the challenges you had to get through and how you kept your head up is very impressive. I heard you're faking being sick. Hope you put yourself in gear! Just kidding I love you man!

I just want to say how grateful I am to be able to serve here in Toppenish during this time of the year. I looked around during the Ward's sacrament meeting this week at all my friends and I just thought of how blessed I am to be here. I have so many kind friends here. I feel like Toppenish is my home. I can't even begin to describe all the great things that are happening and how I feel. I'm getting new friends everyday and I'm coming to know my greatest friend Jesus Christ as well!


Iluminaelmundo
Our light the world kick-off activity went really well on Friday. I have a gung ho get it done personality so when I said," let's get to it"(not understanding all of us Americanos don't know how to make tortillas) The ward mission leader's wife looked at me and said,"no we don't know what to do." The hispanic members from the branch then tried to teach us all to make tortillas and with some pancake grittles scattered across the gym and card writing stations in the middle we made around 40 bags full of candy, tortillas, and a Christmas card for those living in the Wapato Homeless shelter.

The following day we bought some hot cocoa and gave it to a man named Boy later one night. We said a prayer with him and he prayed for us. What a sweet experience that was. We didn't quite get to something to great yesterday but we did attempt to make some tortillas on our own for david's family...It didn't go so hot, but we now know our fire alarm is functioning very well.

It's been a great experience getting to know Elder Corrington! He is very obedient-I appreciate very much the discipline he has obtained from being an all-american wrestler. He has such a kind heart. It's been quite incredible how we've been able to grow so close so quick. Some of his strengths that I am so grateful for is his Faith. 
On very much of a serious note this week we prepared to heal Charley, a 12 year old boy who's premature birth has caused him some health challenges and his mother, Claudia, a lot of heart break. We had 2 appointments this last week where we discussed how we all would prepare,Charley's family and ourselves, to obtain the faith necessary to heal Charley. After Elder Adams felt promted to prepare to essentially heal Charley we set up the first appointment on tuesday night. Claudia looks so tired. I look into her eyes and see pain and the desire to hold on to at least a particle of faith that things will turn out okay. As I've looked into the darkness in her eyes my faith has faltered. Who are we to say to a suffering mother that all the sudden 2 young boys can come and heal her boy. However, with are meetings with them Elder Corrington has saved the day testifying boldly that indeed Charley will be healed. I prayed more than I probably ever have in my life this week. We have a whiteboard I purchased that we use as a prayboard. With every rep I do for exercise I say someone's name as a prayer to God to help them. This has not only drowned my fear to exercise but made it a joyful spiritual experince. Elder Corrington and I prayed a lot for Charley this week and we began to understand that this whole thing has nothing to do with us. I've always felt that I never could be enough. Even this morning while swinging my hammer for 1/4 of a mile I felt that I didn't do it enough. It seems that there is something inside of me that testifies to the truth that I'm never enough-I cannot save myself or anyone else. The only hope I have is that "enough" or salvation can be given to me as a gift. 
We went to Charley's house yesterday and we gave him the blessing and before we left it was such an incredible experience to look her in the eyes and say I don't know what God did but everything is going to be ok. I felt so blessed to be the missionary in Toppensih serving at this time to be the instrument that God used to help one of his Children.

We all have gifts and Elder Corrington is a spiritual giant.
Such as with Martin(23) this week we knocked on his door the day after we gave him a Church tour and found him drunk. He was ashamed. Elder Corrinton looked him in the eyes, grabbed him by the shoulder and explained how he could never not be enough. That he can get out of this. We invited Martin to come to the Chruch the next day and he didn't come sadly.-We'll get him next time
.
One of the things that has really struck me is how magnificent it is to have the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon allows us to come to know Christ more. We know that as we come to know Christ we obtain Eternal life(john 17:3) Helping people understand that we share a way to allow them to come to know even more so there best friend and savior has helped me see the Book of Mormon under such a different light. This is so great. I am absolutely loving the work now because I feel like I've really found my purpose. To invite and then help my brothers and sisters come to know our Savior. This is great!

David is doing fantastic and he is receiving great support from the ward. He went to the store to buy his kids even more church clothes and was going to bring his three other sons(twins Jesse and James(7) and special needs son sparrow(13) ) in addtion to Bubba(9) and Charley(8) but he got very ill. We came back to his house that night and gave him a blessing. Albert wants to be baptized with his Dad so far. We will be teaching him a lot this week. Our focus will be to get them all ready for the 23rd. I'm so grateful to know David. I love him and we are becoming better friends.

Our Good friend Joshua Brownowl does not have real intent. :( we dropped him
We had a lesson with Jesus and Aurelis. Aurelis cried about her nephew that died and Jesus didn't put his arm around her. He hasn't read the Book of Mormon yet but we're working on them they need us! We're praying hard.
I've loved tracting this week and seeing God guide us to those who need us. We feel his presence and he's guiding us.!

I'm learning this week that the power of prayer is real and I feel especially in Toppenish with the progress int the area to the increase of my language ability God is not giving me anything unless I have the Faith to ask for it. How great a blessing this is. I'm getting to know him and understanding what it means to wrestle with the Lord.

Love, Elder Rigby




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday